In order to help maximum lens wearing comfort, consider these important tips for successful lens wear and care.
These tips will help guide you, but always follow the advice of your eye care professional.
- Always wash your hands with a mild soap and dry them with a lint-free towel before touching your lenses.
- Always clean, rinse, and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them. Follow your eye care professional’s instructions.
- Always handle the same lens first to avoid confusing the right and left lenses
- Always keep all solution bottles closed when not in use.
- Always use fresh, unexpired lens care solutions
- Always use solution before expiration date marked on the bottle, or discard.
- Always exercise caution and keep eyes closed if aerosol products are used while wearing lenses until the spray has settled.
- Always clean your lens case daily and let air dry.
- Always remove contacts before you go swimming.
- Always carry your contact lens case along with a bottle of multi-purpose solution to have a safe place to store your lenses.
- Always schedule regular appointments with your eye care practitioner as he/she recommends.
- Never allow soaps, cosmetics, or other substances to come into contact with your lenses.
- Never touch the tip of a lens care solution bottle to any surface, including your finger or the contact lens.
- Never re-use any lens care solution.
- Never use eye drops or solutions not intended for use with contact lenses.
- Never wear your contact lenses in the presence of harmful or irritating vapors or fumes.
- Never wear your lenses beyond the period recommended by your eye care professional.
- Never swap contact lenses with anyone.
- Never apply hairspray after putting your contact lenses on.
- Never use tweezers or other tools to remove your lenses from the lens container unless specifically indicated for that use. Pour the lens into the hand.